The multidisciplinary and multi-skilled members of the Wisconsin HOPE Lab actively engage with industry leaders and travel to real-world settings to align our research agendas with the truly difficult problems in need of rapid change. We have had the opportunity to collaborate with numerous campus groups and offices, providing technical assistance and developing new ideas for research. These campus groups include financial aid, enrollment, and institutional effectiveness offices; student groups; and faculty senates. The Lab welcomes the opportunity to further connect with our partnering schools by visiting your college or university and meeting your staff.
The Lab is also committed to maintaining an ongoing dialogue with policymakers to provide an important basis for addressing current debates about the future of financial aid in the state and nationwide. Director Sara Goldrick-Rab serves on numerous task forces and technical working groups, helping policymakers learn more about the amount and kind of aid that increases completion the most, for which students, and under what circumstances. She also benefits from gaining new ideas to incorporate into our research based on the daily challenges faced in the field.
Service to date includes:
- National Center for Education Statistics National Postsecondary Education Cooperative, Technical Review Panel
- National Center for Education Statistics Educational Longitudinal Study of 2002, Technical Review Panel
- National Center for Education Statistics National Postsecondary Student Aid Study, Technical Review Panel
- National Center for Education Statistics Baccalaureate and Beyond, Technical Review Panel
- Midwest Regional Educational Laboratory at American Institutes for Research, Technical Working Group
- American Enterprise Institute Higher Education Working Group, Member
- Century Foundation National Task Force on Community Colleges , Advisory Board
- Aspen Foundation Prize for Community College Excellence, Selection Committee
- United for Undergraduate Socioeconomic Diversity, Advisory Board
- Wisconsin Legislature Special Committee on Higher Education Financial Aid, Appointed Member
We are excited at the opportunity for new collaborations. If you are interested in arranging a visit with our research team, please contact Sara Goldrick-Rab at email@example.com or 608-265-2141.